San Diego Young Choreographers
Showcase and Prize 2015
San Diego Dance Theater is pleased to announce our fifth annual search for young choreographers. Application and the list of requirements is available on our website, sandiegodancetheater.org.
Submission DEADLINE is December 1, 2014
We are seeking choreographers between the ages of 18 and 35, to participate in our fourth annual San Diego Young Choreographers Showcase and Prize. The event is scheduled for February 21, 2015 at the Coronado Performing Arts Center. Don’t miss out on your opportunity to build your career in choreography and a chance to win a portion of the prize money totaling $5,000.
We look forward to all of the exciting, innovative choreography that will be submitted! We encourage choreographers of ALL styles of dance to apply!
This year the guidelines are as follows:
- Choreographers must be between the ages of 18 and 35 by February 21, 2015.
- Choreographers must be residents of San Diego County.
- Application must be presented in a professional manner, with evidence of integrity and passion for creating dance.
- Finalists will be announced by December 15, 2014.
- The dance must be NEW choreography, never before performed.
- A panel of expert judges and the audience will award prize money in several categories including "Most Original Choreography", "Most Compelling Performance by a Single Dancer," and "Best Performance by a Group (3 or More Dancers)"
Performance: February 21, 2014
Coronado Performing Arts Center
650 D Avenue
Coronado, CA 92118
Tickets: $25 and include post-performance rececption and award ceremony.
Tickets will go on sale on December 15, 2014.
The San Diego Young Choreographers Showcase and Prize helps us attain the diversity component of our Mission: To provide access to the training in, viewing, and performing of San Diego Dance Theater’s dances by diverse audiences and dancers.
Please call or email for more information.
619.225.1803 - firstname.lastname@example.org